Meera shampoo is a mild shampoo known to cure hair fall related issues. It has a unique nourishment lock system that works deep on every single strand of your hair strengthens it to give you strong, healthy hair. The herbs present in Meera Shampoo ensure to provide nourishment to each hair strand from root to tip.
The Meera Shampoo comes in 3 variants – Meera Strong and Healthy shampoo, Meera Hair Fall Care shampoo and Meera Damage Prevent shampoo, each of them catering to a specific hair problem.
Would LunchTableReview's team recommend a buy?
The Meera shampoo is a good shampoo with extracts of badam, shikakai and reetha that are all good for your hair. But it is not a 100% natural product so well; it might have some side effects and can be harmful if used frequently. Overall it is a nice product with different variants for different hair needs. However, the SLS can be a problem.
- Natural ingredients, herbs like shikakai, tulsi, and hibiscus.
- Kunkudukai or reetha, an herb that gently cleans your hair.
- Badam or almonds that nourish your hair and make them stronger, thicker and shinier.
- SLS and other chemicals, SLS help cleanse you scalp thoroughly leaving no traces of oil.
We have classified Meera Shampoo Review within the following parameters:
The Meera shampoo is light brown in colour (mustard-like colour) and has a nice thick gel consistency. Because of its thick gel consistency, it may be difficult for it to flow out of the bottle. You may think of keeping the bottle upside down for your ease. Also you should dilute it for the ease of application as it is the thickest of all shampoos I have come across.
The goodness of herbs makes your hair soft, lustrous and gleaming. Badam also moisturises the hair, deeply conditioning each strand of hair and giving them shine. However, the shine stays only for a few hours post wash.
Prepared using a combination of herbs like tulsi, shikakai, hibiscus, reetha (kunkudukai) and badam, the Meera shampoo cleanses and nourishes your hair from root to tip. The natural cleansers keep your hair strong and smooth. In some cases, the presence of chemicals can lead to dryness in your hair, depends of whether it suits your hair or not. Some people complain of dry hair post hair wash with Meera shampoo.
The shampoo has a nice, fruity smell that will somehow remind you of green apples.
The Meera shampoo cleanses your scalp and here pretty well, may be because it also contains SLS. Yes, that’s true. Though it claims to be a pure herbal solution but also contains SLS and a few more chemicals. It is not possible for a SLS-free shampoo to remove all traces of oil so efficiently like this one does.
Value for Money
The Meera shampoo comes in a solid, yellow plastic bottle with a red flip top cap. It is highly affordable as a bottle of 100 ml costs just Rs.65. Also, it has a shelf life of 36 months.
Pros of Meera Shampoo
- Nice fruity smell that is a pleasant experience
- Cleanses your hair and scalp well with absolutely no traces of oil and dirt
- Contains extracts of badam, shikakai and reetha (kunkudukai)
- Highly affordable
Cons of Meera Shampoo
- It is not a 100% natural shampoo. It contains SLS and other harmful chemicals which might harm your hair in the long run, if used frequently.
- Due to the chemicals present in it, the Meera shampoo may cause itchy scalp or dryness so you should not use it daily for hair wash. You can add lavender oil to the shampoo to minimize the effect of the shampoo.
- The availability of Meera shampoo might be an issue as it is not one of those popular, easily available brands that you can get everywhere.